Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is verbally inspired by God; therefore, it is infallible and inerrant. We believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross for man's sin.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- We believe in a literal Heaven where the saved shall live eternally, and we also believe in a literal Hell where the lost shall be forever separated from God in torment.
- We believe that salvation is a gift from God based upon his grace and extended to those who will repent of sin and place their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
For more detailed information, on our beliefs as a Southern Baptist Church, click here.
The first worship service of the Madison Street Baptist Church was held on February 3, 1957, in the Starke Elementary School. There were 84 present for the first gathering of this infant church. The fellowship was constituted as a church on February 27, 1957, with 143 individuals signing on as charter members. The original church campus was purchased for $24,000 on March 13, 1957, covering eight acres. The acres God has blessed us with have enabled the church to construct 7 beautiful buildings in the last fifty years. Ten different pastors have served the church. God's anointing and blessing has been on Madison Street since its origin. We believe it's because of the faithful obedience to God's infallible Word and our passion for evangelism and missions.
It was a great day of celebration in December 2000 when we moved into a new 1,260-seat Worship Center. Hundreds have walked down the aisle in the new facility to commit their lives to Christ. It was another milestone in the life of Madison Street on May 6, 2007, when we celebrated our 50th Anniversary and the Grand Opening of a new Family Life Center. The new FLC houses Adult Sunday school classes, gym, kitchen and a unique children's teaching facility with an indoor play area, Sunday school space and theater for ministry. We are a Church with a Heart for Kids. "The good hand of God" (Nehemiah 2:18), is on the Madison Street Baptist Church.